- Predict the weather in Victorian style
- A magnificent talking point for any home
- Wooden base and glass bottle
- Includes an information leaflet
- Keep out of the reach of children
Swap 21st-century precision for 19th-century brilliance with one of these fascinating Storm Bottles. First invented in the 1800s by Captain Robert Fitzroy aboard HMS Beagle during the Darwin Expeditions of 1831-36, the storm bottle uses crystal formation to predict the weather.
Simply place the bottle away from extreme temperatures (such as by a radiator or in full sunlight) and watch the crystals develop. Follow Fitzroy's own observations (supplied) or compare the patterns to the weather outside to create your own forecast.